Saturday, November 14, 2009

First Attempt of 1 to 1 in Xanita


Here is my first tryout using Xanita board in 1:1 scale. After spending few hours i managed to cut the template and V cuts.

Template and V cuts done

Locking System

After that, life gets tougher! assembling the template was so hard. Xanita board is hard to assemble when the angle and measurement is not correct. But I managed to get the first side done.

Trying to lock the parts up


First side assembled

Then, I managed to get both side locked up though not very nicely done. I thought it was really good on my first attempt.




Next, is the inner part of the chair, this part is a supporting role to the chair so that it is strong enough to hold someone weight when it is seated.


Putting together the template 1

Putting together the template 2

When it is done, it is placed in the inside of the chair that I have assembled.



Inner side of the chair

Sadly, some of the angles of the V cuts weren't right and the worst part is that the locking system is not strong enough to hold parts of the chair when it's pulled together. I had to use tape to make it stayed and you can see from below pictures, the locking system is too tight and pulling out.

Here are some photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment